Lakeview Private Hospital offers skilled specialist services for patients to have procedures without having to remain in hospital overnight. Some of our day surgery procedures include but are not limited to ophthalmology, dental, urology, plastics and endoscopy. Day surgery is a comfortable and attractive environment where high quality care and support is provided by our nursing and administrative staff.
Day Surgery can be contacted on (02) 8711 0700.
Lakeview Private Hospital has an onsite Pre-admissions Clinic which assesses patients prior to surgery. Your doctor may require you to attend the Pre-admission Clinic prior to your surgery. If so, please make an appointment by phoning (02) 8624 5000 between 8.30am and 3.30pm Monday to Friday, and ask for the Pre-admission Clinic. Your appointment will be made when you call. At your appointment, you will have the opportunity to ask questions about your surgery, recovery, rehabilitation and discharge.
What to bring with you to your appointment:
- Any medications you are currently taking
- Current X-rays, scans or pathology reports
- All entitlement cards e.g. Medicare, Safety Net, Veterans’ Affairs, PensionerHealth Card or Health Benefit Card
- Any specialist reports
At the Pre-admissions Clinic you will have:
- Your medical history taken
- Routine blood tests
- Chest X-rays (if required)
- Consultation with the physiotherapist if required
- ECG (if required)
- Discussions regarding discharge plans
- Answer any of your questions or concerns
Lakeview Private Hospital boasts a purpose-built state-of-the-art rehabilitation facility offering orthopaedic and reconditioning inpatient and outpatient services. With the very latest in equipment, a hydrotherapy pool and spa, and the combined expertise of the best of medical professionals — all set in a peaceful, modern environment — Lakeview Private Hospital Rehab is a leading facility of choice.
Highly skilled, professional and compassionate staff have been hand-picked to work at Lakeview Private Hospital Rehab, and we are proud of our high staff to patient ratio. Committed to delivering the best possible care, our multidisciplinary team work closely with each patient and their family to develop programs that are tailored specifically to their needs, based on mutually agreed and meaningful goals.
From rehabilitation physicians, nurses, physiotherapists, and occupational therapists to social workers, discharge planners, dieticians, speech pathologists and clinical psychologists, the Lakeview Private Hospital Rehab team provides comprehensive patient-focused care.
Our dedicated rehab physicians have only limited commitments to other hospitals, ensuring our patients have ready access to specialists for consultations and regular case conference meetings. Outpatient services, lifestyle and wellness programs, and group therapy sessions are just some of the ways Lakeview Private Hospital Rehab provides patients with continuity of care and ongoing support.
It all adds up to a deep commitment to helping our patients recover quickly and live their lives to the fullest.
- Full range of out-patient services
- On-going lifestyle and wellbeing programs
- Warm, caring and healing state-of-the-art environment
- Therapy areas providing a range of treatments
- Activities of Daily Living kitchen and assessment area — promotes patient independence and confidence for returning home
- Open dining and welcoming common areas on the ward
- On-site medical consulting rooms
- Large open corridors to facilitate walking
- High staff to patient ratio
- Fully equipped gyms with the latest in equipment
- Hydrotherapy pool and spa in a comfortable air-conditioned environment
- Group therapy sessions
- Generously-sized single and double rooms — many with stunning views across the tranquil lake and beyond
- On-site radiology, pathology and pharmacy
Referrals are welcome to Lakeview Private Hospital Rehabilitation from specialist consultants, rehabilitation physicians, general practitioners and other hospitals. Early notice of referrals is appreciated.
Please click here for further details and referral forms.
Sydney Sports Physio & Rehab is a modern outpatient rehabilitation facility offering high quality rehabilitation, exercise and lifestyle programs in a caring and healing state-of-the-art environment. Located on level one at Lakeview Private Hospital, Sports Physio at Lakeview Private Hospital welcomes patients and the general public to benefit from our services including:
- General musculo-skeletal physio
- Sports physio
- Orthopaedic rehabilitation
- Workcover/DVA/third party physio
- Casting/splinting/removal services
- Cam boots, ROM braces, fittings etc.
- Hydrotherapy programs in the on-site pool
- Osteoarthritis programs for pre-op patients and patients that are not quite ready for surgery
- Exercise physiology for WC/DVA and private patients -pilates (incl reformer)
Exciting new programs will be coming soon including – sports massage, women’s health and paediatric physiotherapy and personal training/fitness classes.
Principal Nathan Halliday, APA Sports Physiotherapist, holds a Post Graduate Masters in Sports Physiotherapy and brings over 16 years’ experience as a physio to the role. Nathan heads up a multidisplinary team of rehabilitation professionals who work closely with clients to develop programs that are tailored specifically to their needs, based on mutually agreed and meaningful goals.
Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology provides a state-of-the-art pathology service for patients at the Lakeview Private Hospital. We strive to achieve the highest possible medical standards for specialists and patients at all times. Our on-site laboratory and other services are backed by the full resources of Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology, Australia’s largest pathology laboratory.
Douglas Hanly Moir Pathology can be contacted directly on (02) 8711 0184.
Lakeview Private Hospital Radiology provides the most comprehensive diagnostic and interventional procedures available in Australia. Health Services offered by Lakeview Private Hospital Radiology services are designed to meet each patient’s individual need and circumstance. We are dedicated to providing our patients with the highest quality imaging services in a safe, comfortable and caring environment. We provide a progressive and comprehensive list of services.
GPs request a radiology referral pad today! Click here to download.
Lakeview Private Hospital Radiology can be contacted directly on (02) 8711 0600.
Lakeview Private Hospital Pharmacy is conveniently located on the ground floor of the hospital and provides a comprehensive pharmacy service to both hospital patients and visitors. Our friendly and professional staff are ready to assist you with your prescriptions and general pharmacy needs.
The Lakeview Private Hospital pharmacy can be contacted on (02) 8711 0728.
The café is located on the ground floor of the hospital and offers a selection of delicious food and beverages including a range of sandwiches, salads, hot dishes, cakes, slices and barista coffee. With views overlooking the tranquil lake, the café provides a relaxing and welcoming environment. Opening hours of the café are Monday to Friday 7am to 4pm and Saturdays 8am to 12 noon. (The café is closed Sundays and public holidays).
Lakeview Private Hospital has dedicated lounge areas throughout the hospital for patients and visitors.